1. L’Oreal Paris True Match Genius 4-in-1 Compact Foundation
If you want to achieve a velvety finish, this powder foundation from L’Oreal does exactly that. It does not feel or look overly dry neither does it look too dewy. It hides minor flaws and blemishes well and also blurs out fine lines and wrinkles. If you’re someone with a combination skin type, this is a great formula for you. It definitely is a tad bit pricey for a drugstore brand – however, I do like its one-of-a-kind formula.
- Easy use to blend
- Medium to full coverage
- Blurs out fine lines and large pores
- Evens out skin tone well
- Sleek and unique packaging
- Won’t control the oiliness factor on a hot, humid day
- Needs touch-ups through the day
Bobbi Brown’s Skin Weightless Powder foundation will leave your skin looking matte for about 7-8 hours. It has a gorgeous, lightweight consistency and it can be used alone, or over a liquid foundation – both ways, it works beautifully. I suggest using a little bit of concealer in case you have dark spots or pigmentation and simply apply this using a blending sponge for a flawless, skin-like finish.
- Lightweight and easy to apply
- Aesthetically pleasing and functional packaging
- Leaves your skin looking matte and natural
- Does not sink into fine lines and wrinkles
- Controls shine and oil
- Sheer to medium coverage
- Needs touch-ups
3. L’Oreal Paris Infallible 24H Powder Foundation
If you want a powder foundation that helps to make your face look fresh and vibrant, this one by L’Oreal is a great option. You can either use it with a dry sponge or a slightly damp one to increase its coverage. Take note: it does not look streaky or melt away on hot days! For a drugstore powder foundation, this is amazing for oily skin.
- Easy to use
- Light to medium coverage
- Absorbs excess oil
- Decent staying power
- Flimsy compact
- No SPF
4. Smashbox Photo Filter Powder Foundation
Smashbox Photo Filter Powder Foundation contains a whole bunch of beneficial ingredients – and ladies, it’s formulated without any parabens! This powder goes on smoothly and evens out the skin tone, diminishing redness and the appearance of pores and fine lines with ease. The best part? It does not look cakey at all. It provides a flattering, skin-like finish.
- Perfect for oily skin
- Light to medium coverage
- Leaves you with a natural-looking finish
- Available in a wide range of colors
5. Lakme 9 To 5 Primer + Matte Powder Foundation
The Lakme 9 To 5 Primer + Matte Powder Foundation comes in six different shades. It works beautifully for most skin types, especially oily. Its formula contains a primer in it so you won’t have to go in separately with a primer. Its packaging looks very classy, and it comes along with a sponge applicator.
- Smooth and silky texture
- Easy to apply and blend
- Conceals minor spots and pigmentation
- Does not crease
- Affordable and easily available
- Average staying power
- Looks patchy if applied with a damp sponge