Best Black Bean Burger Recipe- Savory, Filling and Vegetarian. Black Bean Burgers are an innocent choice for lighter fare at your backyard BBQ or a to your liking substitute for your vegan or vegetarian guests.
You don’t quirk to be meat forgive to appreciate black bean burgers as they are savory all upon their own.
Black Bean Burger Recipe is a copycat of Morningstar Chipotle Black Bean Burger patties sold at Costco, which are a crowd favorite. Don’t after that spicy foods? No deadened!
The chipotle peppers in this recipe are highly optional, even if we do subsequent to the subsidiary heat and appearance it adds to the recipe.
Best Black Bean Burger Recipe
- Course: Main
- Cuisine: American
- Recipe Author: Rachel Farnsworth
- Servings: 12 Patties
Ingredients for Black Bean Burger Recipe
- 1/2 large red onion chopped
- 1-2 whole chipotle peppers in adobo sauce optional
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 15 ounce cans black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large eggs
Place onion, chipotle, and garlic into a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
Add in black beans and pulse until the black beans are partially chopped, leaving some whole or partial beans. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
Stir in the bread crumbs, cumin, salt, pepper, and eggs until well combined.
Divide up the mixture to form 8 patties.
When ready to cook choose one of the following options:
- SKILLET: Heat a lightly oiled skillet to medium-high heat. Cook for 5 minutes on each side.
- BAKED: Bake in a 400-degree oven for 5 minutes each side.
- GRILLED: Cook on an outdoor grill for 5 minutes each side.
Serve hot on a bun with desired toppings.
Nutrition facts for Black Bean Burger Recipe
- Calories: 177kcal
- Carbohydrates: 29g
- Protein: 10g
- Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- Sodium: 291mg
- Potassium: 379mg
- Fiber: 8g
- Sugar: 1g
- Vitamin A: 1.5%
- Vitamin C: 1.7%
- Calcium: 5.1%
- Iron: 15%