These Creamy Chipotle Chicken Lettuce Tacos are good for 3 people and under 300 calories.
Creamy Chipotle Chicken Lettuce Tacos
- 12 ounces shredded chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 canned chipotle pepper, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 butter lettuce leaves
- Pico de gallo salsa
- Heat the coconut oil in a large nonstick skillet. Toss in the diced onion and salt and sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the ground cumin and dried oregano.
- Add the minced chipotle and garlic and sauté until the garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Pour in the milk and stir the mixture to combine.
- Once the mixture has bubbled and reduced slightly, mix in the shredded chicken until evenly coated.
- Spoon the mixture evenly onto butter lettuce leaves. Top with pico de gallo salsa and serve.
- *Note: You can use skim or low-fat milk instead of whole milk, but make sure to reduce it on a lower heat to avoid curdling the milk! (The lower the fat content, the less stable the milk – therefore, it will curdle much quicker.)
- Courtesy of [url href=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY-gbPx5xLE” target=”_blank”]Tasty[/url]