Love a frozen margarita? This Strawberry Margarita Squares Dessert Recipe takes the cake. A strawberry, lime juice and cream cheese filling tops a pretzel crust for a perfect way to chill out. You can substitute nilla wafers for the pretzels, or cream cheese instead of cool whip. I added a little more butter to the crust.
Strawberry Margarita Squares will be a huge hit at any potluck or summer party.
Strawberry Margarita Squares Dessert Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups crushed pretzels
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup puréed strawberries
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- Mix pretzel crumbs and butter in 13×9-inch pan; press onto bottom of pan.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Combine condensed milk, puréed strawberries and lime juice in large bowl.
- Gently stir in COOL WHIP; spread over crust.
- Freeze 6 hours.
- Remove from freezer about 15 min. before serving; let stand at room temperature to soften slightly. Serve topped with sliced strawberries.