Strawberry Basil Lemonade makes for a great party drink. If you have a bunch of lemons or are a lemonade purist, start with homemade lemonade. For a larger crowd, there’s no shame in pulling a can of store-bought lemonade out of the freezer. I’ve included instructions for both.
My favorite drink to order in restaurants is strawberry lemonade, but homemade is even better; free refills and you know exactly what goes into it! Making your own lemonade is easier than you think. If you already have lemonade on hand, making this restaurant quality drink is a breeze!
- 1 recipe for homemade lemonade* (10 cups)
- Fresh Strawberries
- Small handful of basil, optional
- Lemon Slices for garnish
- Ice as needed
*If using 1 (12 oz) can frozen Lemonade, prepare according to package instructions on the can: 1 can of concentrate mixed with 4 1/3 cans of water.
How to Make Strawberry Basil Lemonade:
- Pour lemonade into a pitcher. Hull and halve strawberries.
- Place 12oz strawberries and basil into a good blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Stir strawberry basil mixture into lemonade. Garnish with remaining strawberries and lemon slices.
For ice cold lemonade, serve over glasses filed with ice and garnish with lemon slices.
Tips for the Best Strawberry Lemonade:
We’ve all been there, you’re desperately thirsty and want to gulp down that strawberry lemonade but there’s a strawberry lodged in the straw. If you are going to be drinking through a straw, or using a drink dispenser that tends to clog up, you will want to:
- Blend your strawberries really well
- Add ice to the glasses (not the pitcher) so you don’t dilute your lemonade
Can I use Frozen Strawberries?
You can still enjoy strawberry lemonade in winter by substituting with frozen strawberries. Frozen strawberries in sugar will also work but keep in mind the syrup is very sweet so you may need to add more water to your finished lemonade.
More Refreshing Drink Recipes:
Try these thirst quenching awesome Summer drinks. We’re particularly smitten with the fizzy bubbly drinks, which are always crowd pleasures!
Strawberry Lemonade Recipe (Restaurant Style)
Fresh homemade Strawberry Lemonade will satisfy the craving for something cold and refreshing. Adding strawberries and basil to classic lemonade is brilliant!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Author: Natasha of NatashasKitchen.com
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost to Make: $5
- Keyword: strawberry lemonade
- Cuisine: American
- Course: Beverage
- Calories: 137 kcal
- Servings: 10 people
Ingredients for Strawberry Lemonade Recipe
- 10 cups lemonade
- 1 lb strawberries divided
- 1 lemon sliced for garnish
- 1/4 cup fresh basil/li>
- Ice as needed
Process to make Strawberry Lemonade
- Pour lemonade into a pitcher. Wash 1 lb of strawberries. Remove stems and cut 12 oz strawberries in half. Slice remaining 4 oz strawberries for garnish.
- Blend strawberries in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Stir strawberry mixture, remaining sliced strawberries and lemon slices into the lemonade and serve over glasses filled with ice.
Note: *If using 1 (12 oz) can frozen Lemonade, prepare according to package instructions on the can: 1 can of concentrate mixed with 4 1/3 cans of water.
Strawberry Lemonade Recipe (Restaurant Style): Amount Per Serving
- Calories 137
- Calories from Fat 9
- Fat 1g2%
- Saturated Fat 1g6%
- Sodium 16mg1%
- Potassium 84mg2%
- Carbohydrates 34g11%
- Fiber 1g4%
- Sugar 30g33%
- Protein 1g2%
- Vitamin A 35IU1%
- Vitamin C 32.5mg39%
- Calcium 11mg1%
- Iron 0.3mg
This post was first published here