Want to tighten, tone and sculpt your entire lower body and midsection without paying thousands for a Top American Trainer or going to the gym? Strong legs and buttocks not only make you look proportionate but also improve your posture, make everyday tasks easier, and are a sign of good health. So, let’s see how you can shed the lower body flab and tone up with these effective lower body workout for women.
Top 5 Lower Body Workouts For Women
Here are the top 5 lower body workout exercises that will strengthen your entire lower body – calves, thighs, and butt.
Lower Body Workout: Mountain Climbers
The target for ‘Mountain Climbers’ lower body workout: Glutes, abductors, adductors, quads, hamstrings, lower abs, calves, and shoulders.
Steps to do Mountain Climbers:
1. Assume the plank position. Keep your core tight.
2. Bend the right knee and bring the foot forward near your hips. Keep your left leg straight.
3. Keep your elbows straight and arms strong as they are going to support most of your weight.
4. Jump and bring your left foot forward and keep your right leg straight at the same time.
5. Keep alternating your feet and repeat the exercise 15-20 times.
Lower Body Workout: Bridge
The target for ‘Bridge’ lower body workout: Glutes, abductors, adductors, quads, hamstrings, lower abs, calves, and shoulders.
Steps to do bridge
1. Lie down on a mat. Keep your hands close to your body, palms facing down, legs flexed, and feet flat on the floor.
2. Keeping your core engaged and gazing at your knees, push your buttocks up towards the ceiling. Support your body with your feet and upper back.
3. Hold this pose for a second. Exhale and lower your buttocks.
Lower Body Workout: Side Lunge
The target for ‘Side Lunge’ lower body workout: Adductors, glutes, quads, hamstrings, and calves.
Steps to do Side Lunge
1. Stand with your feet wider than shoulder-width apart.
2. Shift more of your weight on your left side and bending that knee, lower yourself to that side.
3. Straighten and repeat the motion with the right side.
4. Do both sides 10 times each.
Lower Body Workout: Full Squats
The target for ‘Full Squats’ Lower Body Workout: Glutes, quads, hamstrings, and calves.
Steps to do Full Squat
1. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, back straight, and shoulders rolled back. Keep your core engaged.
2. Lower yourself by flexing your knees till your butt is just inches off the ground. This is the full squat.
3. Make sure your knees are behind your toes and your back is not hunched.
4. Push yourself all the way up at the same speed you squatted down.
5. Repeat the exercise 15 times.
For the weighted version, grab a dumbbell in each hand by your sides. Keep the weight heavy.
Lower Body Workout: Box Jumps
The target for ‘Box Jumps’ Lower Body Workout: Glutes, quads, hamstrings, and calves.
Steps To Do Box Jumps
1. Stand in front of a 1 or 2 feet tall wooden or plastic box with your spine erect and shoulders rolled back. Keep your abs tight.
2. Jump with force on top of the box and land in a partial squat pose.
3. Jump back on the ground. Repeat the motion 10 times.
4. Beginners who find jumping onto the box very difficult should start with stepping onto the box and stepping down from the box.
Related Product to Lower Body Workout:
Michael Matthews‘ number one best-selling natural bodybuilding book with more than 400,000 copies sold. If you want to build muscle, lose fat, and look great as quickly as possible without steroids, good genetics, or wasting ridiculous amounts of time in the gym and money on supplements … regardless of your age … then you want to listen to this book. Building muscle and burning fat isn’t as complicated as the fitness industry wants you to believe. This book is the shortcut.Buy From Amazon