Dieting, losing weight and getting fit at home doesn’t have to include eating just boiled chicken and veggies. This Healthy and quick cilantro garlic shrimp recipe will allow you to both lose weight and enjoy your diet.
Make sure you’re following a workout program that combines both resistance training and cardio. If time is an issue, stick to using main exercises to tone like squats, jump rope, running, curls, push-ups, shoulder press, pull-ups (assisted) and so on… All these can be done at home with the right home workout. Oh yeah, don’t forget about boxing workouts as they can be done anywhere with or without a bag and use your entire body if done correctly. Plus, you get the benefits of stress relief, coordination and stamina.
This cilantro garlic shrimp recipe is versatile as you could add chicken instead of shrimp or add organic chopped up mango if you want to add some sweetness. Eating healthy doesn’t have to be boring. Mix it up and work out….
- 1 lb. shrimp (peeled, deveined)
- 1 large bunch of fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 3-5 garlic bulbs
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Juice from 2-3 fresh limes (squeeze directly into pan)
- 2 tbsps. extra virgin olive oil or organic coconut oil
- Heat oil in pan on medium
- Add shrimp and cook till opaque and pink (7-8 minutes).
- Add cumin and turmeric and stir until all shrimp coated
- Add cilantro (to taste, 1 handful)….cook until fragrant
- Squeeze lime juice directly into pan
- Serve with salad below and/or starch (short grain brown rice or red quinoa)
SIDE SALAD RECIPE (ARUGULA):
- 2 handfuls arugula
- 1 small handful chopped red and yellow peppers
- 1 small pinch chopped or slice red onion.
- 1/4 cup organic balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp. low sodium soy sauce or braggs liquid aminos
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
Shake and drizzle over salad.