In one brilliant stroke, you can make a pan of brownies that will thrill chocolate lovers, peanut butter lovers and fans of PB&J.
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry jam
- Beat sugar, peanut butter and butter in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Add eggs and vanilla; mix well.
- Add flour and salt; beat until well blended.
- Stir in chocolate.
- Line 9-inch square baking pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides of pan.
- Grease foil.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Drop jam by spoonfuls over batter; swirl with knife to marbleize.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with fudgy crumbs.
- (Do not over bake.)
- Cool in pan.
- Lift dessert from pan, using foil handles.
- Cut into 24 squares to serve.